1931

Death of Virgil Hillyer. Donald W. Goodrich becomes second Head Master.

1931 Donald W. Goodrich.png
1967 William W. Kirk.png

1967

William W. Kirk becomes fourth Head Master.

Edward W. Brown becomes third Head Master.

1940

Edward W. Brown becomes third Head Master.

1940 Edward W. Brown.png

1983

Merrill S. Hall becomes fifth Head Master.

1983 Merrill S. Hall.png
1967 William W. Kirk.png

1967

William W. Kirk becomes fourth Head Master.

1901

One hundred students move into 10 West Chase Street, with three floors and a rooftop garden.

1-Calvert silhouette-white.png

1899

Virgil M. Hillyer becomes first Head Master.

1897

Boys’ and Girls’ Primary School is inaugurated with fifteen children. Kindergarten and First Grade held above Croft and Conlyn’s drug store.

2345.png

1930s

Calvert School and the United States survive the Depression.

1930s Survive the Depression.png

1906

The Home Instruction Department was established. This outreach would grow to be worldwide.

1979

Luetkemeyer Planetarium opens at Calvert.

IMG_6028.jpg

2015

Calvert’s new mascot, Cecilius the Mighty Bee, is introduced, a nod to Hillyer’s original designs and characters. Tennis and Ice Hockey are offered at Calvert, along with football, volleyball, soccer, field hockey, cross country, track and field, basketball, lacrosse, and baseball.